Monday, March 2, 2009

Beezo's Whiteboard




So setting up my new whiteboard was supposed to be an easy operation. Do a little measuring, drill a couple holes, and affix the hardware. Done, right? Wrong.


First of all I didn't have the right size drill bit for the size of the anchors - didn't think that'd be a big deal, just go in there and ream it to size. Well that probably would have worked fine had my walls been constructed this side of the last century. As is I think the brick exterior is a lot closer to the interior of my wall than I thought. So let's just say I was a little surprised when my drill bit hit brick (I'm going with brick over, say, plumbing, skeleton, or treasure). Trying to ream the holes out didn't do any good either - made some nasty sounds and wear to the drill bit. In any event, too many thunda we're going wrong for this simple operation that I decided to give up for the time being. Tonight I'll go get some more anchors and the right size drill bit and are what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment